SAN LORENZO, Calif. (KGO) —
A would-be burglar is lucky to be alive after getting caught in a restaurant grease vent for two days. The suspect was finally discovered by the owner of a neighboring enterprise, who heard his muffled cries for assist.
“I hold listening to this ah, ah and I am like, ‘who can it’s?'” stated Igor Campos, who owns Campos Tax Providers on Bockman Street in San Lorenzo.
Campos lastly went to research the moaning on Wednesday morning at the Chinese language restaurant subsequent door, a business that has been closed for months.
#DEVELOPING “Had he not been found in the present day, we could possibly be having an entire totally different conversation.” First responder says it was no joke for the man stuck in a restaurant grease vent. Another day, and he won’t have made it. As an alternative he was rescued…with cuts and bruises. #ABC7now pic.twitter.com/bMNfdAcitc
— Laura Anthony (@LauraAnthony7) December 12, 2018
There, Campos discovered a man coated in grease caught in an exhaust vent.
“I stored asking questions like, ‘what’s your identify?'” stated Campos. “And he stated ‘just please help me… please do not harm me.’ I stated, ‘I am not making an attempt to harm you, I am making an attempt that will help you.'”
Campos referred to as 911 and when first responders arrived, all they might see from under was the man’s leg and foot.
“When our crews received here, they found him stuck above the stove space here,” defined Alameda County Hearth Division Battalion Chief John Whiting.
So as to free the man, Alameda County firefighters had to dismantle the vent.
“Our crews had to remove a whole lot of this sheet metallic as a way to achieve access to him with a view to deliver him down into the kitchen,” stated Whiting.
As soon as the suspect was freed, he was loaded into an ambulance and taken to an area hospital.
930am, ACSO and @AlamedaCoFire responded to a vacant Chinese meals restaurant on the seven hundred block of Bockman Rd. San Lorenzo. We situated a trespasser(potential burglar) trapped within the grease vent on the roof. He had been there for about 2 days. Hearth rescued him and he is in custody. pic.twitter.com/OfVN5e8oeV
— Alameda County Sheriff (@ACSOSheriffs) December 12, 2018
“First off we will affirm this man was not Santa Claus and didn’t have authorized authority to be here,” stated Alameda County Sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Ray Kelly, who stated he is unsure yet what fees the 29-yr-previous suspect will face.
“We all know typically suspects try to break into businesses to steal copper wire and plumbing and recycling for cash,” defined Kelly. “This seems to be something along these strains.”
“I do know he’s dealing with some consequences,” stated Campos. “But the good thing he’s alive and I was capable of save his life.”
(Copyright ©2018 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)